J here of #TeamArlee (the BEST team in the A to Z Challenge— woot woot!).
I've taken over the Debut Author Spotlight at Operation Awesome on Wednesdays.
Here's an A to Z list making this news relevant to YOU!
- Authors who take part in the A to Z challenge know it's best to support one another
- Blogging has never been more vital for debut authors
- Connecting and commenting is the bread& butter of successful debut authors
- Debut authors are AWESOME and brave
- Entertainment is easily found in the pages of a new book
- Friends and family alone are not enough— debut authors need support and reviews from other people
- Genres from every shelf are eligible for representation
- Heartthrobs, hardships, humanitarian missions... it's hard not to find a good book
- Intellectual discussions about books are the cornerstone of culture
- Just leaving a nice comment on these posts could encourage the next Agatha Christie, Danielle Steel, J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, John Grisham...
- Kindred book spirits are easier to find thanks to my short interviews
- Love 'em or leave 'em, you'll learn about the debut authors in just a few short minutes
- Maybe you'd find something you never expected
- New authors become favorite authors
- Only debut once!
- Publishing traditionally, small press, or self— all are welcome to be interviewed
- Quality or quantitiy— which increases sales more? Come discuss!
- Reviews are powerful! Determine if these debut authors will be graced by you giving them such a wonderous gift. A new author EVERY WEDNESDAY!
- Social Media and debut authors... The "We live by the sword, we die by the sword" idiom means, basically, what you use shall come around and be used equally on or to you. So when it comes to debut authors, "We live by the Tweet, we die by the Tweet." These are people longing to connect with their audience. Come make a new friend!
- Television and movies based on the works of debut authors have made billions. (Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind, Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones, Nicholas Sparks's The Notebook, Ed Conlons's Blue Blood, etc)
- Utopia is a place where we never run out of new books to read
- Variety is the spice of life. Check out a debut author today!
- Whatever A to Z category you most love, there's a book on the subject
- X-treme book reading challenge: Read one book by a debut author every week!
- Years ahead of other shippers if you fall in love with the book first!
- Zip over to say hello and wish me luck on my new position interviewing debut authors at Operation Awesome.
All authors, especially those with a debut, need whatever marketing ops available to them that they can find. This is a great opportunity to get the marketing ball rolling. As always, J, this is well written and makes some excellent points.ReplyDelete
Tossing It Out
You've created a post filled with pearls of wisdom. Much appreciated by this debut author. :)ReplyDelete
Glad you enjoyed.Delete
I know debut authors are going to love you for your help.ReplyDelete
I certainly hope so. I love seeing my fellow authors succeed.Delete
Authors who blog are the most supportive!ReplyDelete
Excellent and clever way to present support for all authors, published or not.ReplyDelete
Great post! And so true! Support from your peers is absolutely vital.ReplyDelete