The 2023 OFFICIAL MASTER LIST: https://tinyurl.com/3we8aa84 The Master List will be complete on April 9, when sign-ups close.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
#AtoZChallenge The Great and Powerful A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal!
Every year since 2013, it has been a tradition for A to Z participants to reveal their Challenge themes ahead of time - on a day we lovingly titled The Great And Powerful Theme Reveal! With less than two weeks left before the Challenge begins, that day - IS TODAY!
One of the most burning questions participants ask themselves every year is: "Should I have a theme?" Themes are not mandatory, but definitely fun. They let your visitors know what to expect, create excitement and anticipation, and help you write posts that line neatly up from A to Z.
Four years ago A to Z participant Mina Lobo started the Theme Reveal, and we thought it was such a great idea that we made it tradition. It is now our very own, grand and festive way of rolling out our themes together!
As you probably already know, this year we are doing the Challenge without a Linky list. This means that people will be posting the links to their posts each day here on the blog, as well as on social media (see the details here!). Today is your chance to practice! Post your link to your theme reveal in the Comments, and visit others who have commented before you!
Most important of all: Have fun with your theme! We know we will!
Posted by A Tarkabarka Hölgy at 8:00 PM 343 comments:
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Get your A to Z Theme Reveal badge!
You have been practicing! We put up a trial post yesterday so that people can experiment with posting their links in the comments, just as they will during the challenge - and everyone seems to be doing pretty great!
So, what's the next step?
Well, if you'd like some more practice - and also, if you are planning on doing a theme! - we are happy to inform you that even though we have no Linky this year, we do have a Theme Reveal! The date is March 20th (Monday), and there will be a Theme Reveal post up here on the main blog, so that you can link your own reveal posts in the comments.
AND we have a badge for you to display in your post! You can see it below, or download it from here.
We are looking forward to all your wonderful themes! Mark your calendars for March 20th!
Posted by A Tarkabarka Hölgy at 3:22 PM 45 comments:
Labels: A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal, A-Z Theme Reveal, theme, themes
Monday, February 27, 2017
8 Common Misconceptions About the #AtoZChallenge
Today I'm going to debunk the most common misconceptions about the A to Z blogging challenge.
1- Just adding my link is enough.
- No. It’s a hop. You post and you visit others who have posted. We interact with one another and cultivate new relationships.
- Leaving comments — It's what bloggers do for each other. How important is it to you to be a valued member of the blogging community?
2- The A to Z Team list is just names on the blog. Hosts don’t do anything.
- WRONG. The hosts are here year round keeping the blog alive. We spend April helping all the participants. It’s hard work. It’s a second job that pays no money. We are not just names, we are people who care that this a supportive, safe, and productive blogging community.
3- The site is only up in April.
- Nope. It’s here all year. There are less posts in the off-seasons, but the content is still interesting. You should follow this blog and check for updates regularly.
4- No one will notice if I bend or break a rule…
- The hosts are dedicated to noticing and acting fast.
5- Everyone has a theme but me.
- Nah. About 30% of the blogs in the challenge go without a theme to tie their posts together… other than the alphabet, of course!
6- There’s no reason I should advertise the challenge on my blog.
- First, it’s not exactly advertising. It’s saying you participate, that you are part of our community. It shows off your blogging dedication, even if you only blog in April.
- Second, it’s spreading the word about the challenge, which brings everyone more views and comments.
- Third, it’s how others in the blog hop know they have come to the right place. It’s an assurance.
7- I’m going to get so much email junk from this challenge!
- I have been doing this challenge for six years. In all that time, and in commenting at about 1,000 blogs last year alone, I have received only ONE spam message. If you're still worried, create a separate email account. (I have one for hops, one for general, one for classes, and one for business. It's an old organization trick.) Be mindful of check-boxes that sign you up for replies or notices. Consider that you might enjoy some of the emails. Learn to use services such as BlogLovin' to keep up with your favorite blogs.
8- This is only for professionals.
- Most of the participants in the challenge are not professional bloggers. A few are professionals in their field who also blog. There are plenty of good people here who are new to blogging or who blog only as a hobby. We welcome everyone. Bonus -- the hosts are a wealth of knowledge for newbie bloggers!
by J Lenni Dorner
Reference and Speculative Fiction Author
A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Operation Awesome Debut Author Spotlight Organizer
Posted by J Lenni Dorner at 12:00 AM 17 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)