I have a quick idea I thought I'd share to make life easier come April. Unlike most of the co-hosts, I haven't written and pre-scheduled all of my posts. I do have a theme, and I do know what I'm doing for each letter, but that's as far as I've gotten.
Maybe that's where you are, too, or maybe you don't have a theme and are just going to go day by day. That's totally cool, too. Here's how to make it just a bit quicker each day.
Between now and April 1, go put up a draft of each post. Here are the steps.
1) Download all of Jeremy's amazingly beautiful letters. I like to start each post with the letter of the day so that visitors know right away that I'm participating, and on the right letter. They are under the "banner/badges" tab up at the top. They look like this.
2) Now go to start to write a post in the compose window. Insert the correct letter. Put the letter A as your title, or the real title, if you've picked it out.
3) Pre- schedule the post. Not sure how to pre-schedule? I wrote a post about it here.
4) Not sure what day to put each letter on? Under banners/badges there's a desk top calendar you can use, or in the FAQ, there's a simple list of what letter goes with each day.
5) Be sure to save your post. It will show up in your post list as a draft.
6) When you've written the post, even if it's days ahead, be sure to push publish. It will sit and wait until the proper day and time and then magically, you'll wake up and see your post already up, and with comments! Because you have turned off the evil CAPTCHA, right?
If it's still on, and you should check your settings under comments to make sure, we have a video in the FAQ about how to disable it. DO IT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T.
I hope these tips are helpful. If you have any questions, we are all ready to answer them.
Be patient though, AJ and I are pretty busy, so it might take a few days. If you're in a hurry for the answer, you can email me, Tina, directly. My email is in the contact tab.
~Tina, A to Z Team
P.S Do you see how useful those tabs are? If you haven't read them, please do so. The info we've put there for you will help you have a great A-Z Challenge!