Search This Blog


Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Meet the wHooligans!

Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone!

Hope you are all enjoying the day of green, orange, and blarney! Since my team is the wHooligans, and hooliganism is a favorite Irish pastime, I figured today to be the perfect day to introduce ourselves!

My name is AJ Lauer. I'm an author and educator based in the Front Range of Colorado. You can find me at my site, or on Twitter @ayjaylauer. I wrote an interactive apocalyptic fiction novel called Armageddon: Pick Your Plot in a crazy two week writing spree with a friend. It's great fun. You should check it out :)

Here are my answers to some of the questions posed by our readers a couple weeks ago:

Q: What is THE Tip you would like to share with the people who would be doing the A to Z Challenge for the first time?
A: Visit, visit, visit! Our list contains so many talented people with great ideas. Go see what is out there :) 

Q: How do you manage your time during the A to Z Challenge? 
A: Very carefully! So usually I've got about 60% of my posts written before April starts, and I do the other 40% on the fly. This year my theme involves audience participation, so I'll be writing every evening. I find that visiting folks is great to do during my lunch hour at work. It's a nice way to pass an hour.

Q: After you successfully complete the 2015 A to Z, and they stick television cameras in your face and ask "So, what are you going to do now", what will you answer?
A: I just did something that is perhaps a little crazy. I signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo, which is also occurring in April. So I will probably just grunt and grumble something about words before shoving my head under my pillow.

Q: Isn't it phenomenal?
A: I am awed by how phenomenal it is. I get out to appreciate our world whenever possible. (see the above picture!)

And now... A brief introduction for my wHooligan team!

TaMara Sloan @peedeemama
Shilpa Garg @shilpaagarg
LuAnn Braley @kentuckygal
Kripali Kulkarni @precarious_me

These ladies are fantastic. They'll be working hard all month to say hi to as many participants as possible, so go pay them a visit to say thanks in advance! :)


  1. Writing every evening - you are so brave!

    1. I know. I'm totally nervous. But I won't have a job by April, so it's not like I need to make sure to get to bed at a decent time... :)

  2. is phe-nomen-al !!! I'm so happy to be a wHooligan and I am definitely 'Sharing the Green' today!
    Ya'll come...just click on my AtoZ Signature Link...
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal
    AtoZ 2015 Challenge
    AJ's wHooligans

  3. Last year I visited some people who used audience participation. They had great posts, but I don't think I want to try something like that.

  4. Hi, A.J.
    Trying to get my posts done before the Challenge begins. Yup, visiting is the order of the day. Glad to meet your wHooligans.

  5. Hi AJ! So good to see we wHooligans here! :) And so glad to be on your team second time in a row. Looking forward to all the fun and action and of course the 'hard work' you mentioned, this April. Cheers :)

  6. Hah. Where have I been? I didn't remember you were from Colorado. Beautiful state! I got bucked off a horse there once. My wearin' o' the green today is a leaf on my 'Dancing Groot' teeshirt. Excited to be working with the wHooligans again, and visiting friends from previous years and new ones as well!

    1. I dunno LuAnn! You are kinda busy sometimes though, with your little ones! :)

  7. Done, but now just have to comb through them for the sneaky mis-spellings.

  8. Whooo, whooo, to the wHouiligans. Have fun.

  9. Interesting theme you have with your audience participation! Will definitely have to check it out as well as the members of your team!!


  10. Hi AJ ... and welcome to your wHooligans .. I can see the A-Z will be amazing as usual ... and I'm so looking forward to meeting new friends along the way ... so good luck with all the projects - cheers Hilary

  11. I've said it and said it, but I am super-uber excited about this year's challenge. Love the tag you picked for your team! It's precious.
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
    A to Z Challenge

  12. Hi AJ and your pack of wHooligans! Nice to meet you!
    Yes, visiting is the most exciting part of the challenge!

  13. I can't believe you signed up to camp nanowrimo in April. That is nuts! You are one brave soul.


The ability to leave anonymous comments has temporarily been disabled. In order to comment you will need to be registered with Blogger or Open ID. This site has been inundated with spam lately and we are trying to stave it off.

Please leave your opinions and feel free to ask anything that is on your mind. Irrelevant anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.