In my neck of the woods, it's the time of year when all the stores overflow with stationery, all of which is on sale. For parents and children, this is known as "back to school shopping."
For writers, this is known as "fueling for the addiction." (I'd tell you I'm kidding, but my wallet would disagree. Also, I have habit of sniffing... deeply inhaling... new notebooks. That scent is "the good stuff." Am I alone in this?)
Here's an A to Z stationery shopping list:
Bout of Books Read-a-thon — August 21-27.
The Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon — September 11-24
- C is for — crayons
- D is for — dictonary
- E is for — erasers
- F is for — flashcards
- G is for — glue
- H is for — hundreds of index cards
- I is for — ink filled pens
- J is for — jump drive (USB flash drive, data stick, pen drive, memory unit, key chain drive and thumb drive)
- K is for — kicks (sneakers, tennis shoes)
- L is for — lined paper
- M is for — measuring devices (rulers, protractors)
- N is for — notebook, spiral bound
- O is for — object to carry books and such in (backpack)
- P is for — pencils
- Q is for — Quaker oatmeal, cereal, fast breakfast foods
- R is for — reward stickers
- S is for — stapler
- T is for — thesaurus
- U is for — utensils
- V is for — variety of three-ring binders
- W is for — wireless notebook
- X is for — Xbox lunchbox
- Y is for — yellow highlighter
- Z is for — zit remover
I admit this alphabetical list has strayed from stationery in places.
What words might you suggest for K, Q, U, X, or Z?
Have an idea for an A to Z post? Are you a past participant who would like to be featured? Let me know!
by J Lenni Dorner
Reference and Speculative Fiction Author
A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Operation Awesome Debut Author Spotlight Organizer