For our team A post, we present a brief interview with the 2018 Amazing Alphabet Team!
(The fine folks who volunteer their time, energy, and skills to make this challenge happen for you. There will be a seperate post to honor our Amazing
graphics guy, Jeremey
, later this month.)
1- What's your passion in life?
- One passion that consumes much of my thinking is road tripping. I hate to think of a time when I wouldn't be able to drive.
- Writing is my passion. That's how I relate to the world.
- Storytelling. It is both my passion and my profession, which makes me incredibly lucky.
- Music. Roughly half of my posts outside the A to Z Challenge are about music, and a couple of years ago I had two themes (quite by accident) and one of them was music.
-Writing, of course. It's therapeutic. But music is a close second. Singing is like sharing a story through song and I love that.
2- What are your goals during the A to Z Challenge 2018?
- To keep a balance in my life between blogging and other stuff around me. But I do want to get my posts done before April.
- My goals are to make this year really fun for all participants, to complete the challenge, and to leave comments on 300 blogs. On my own blog, I have a short story told in parts, which my goal is to get people to think about life. (If you do too, check out the stories of A to Z post
- My goal is to write posts that people find both entertaining and informative. Also, to make some new blogging friends! I have found marvelous blogs through the challenge in the past, I am looking forward to more.
- To have all the posts done by April 1 and do as much visiting of other blogs as I can during April.
- My goal for this year is to have all of my posts ready to go before April 1st so I can enjoy exploring new blogs! I have found some awesome writers I am excited to catch up with this year and I look forward to finding even more!
3- What was your biggest accomplishment in the last 12 months?
- It's become a yearly tradition--driving back east to see family, friends, and especially my grandkids including the newest girl child, Logan Lego. This past year I made the trip twice.
- Publishing my debut novel, Fractions of Existence
, was my biggest accomplishement in the last 12 months. One of the coolest parts was being interviewed on the Debut Author Spotlight
at Operation Awesome. (That's what I usually do on Wednesdays, so it was fun to switch to the hotseat.)
- Finishing my PhD, and publishing Dancing on Blades
, my new folktale collection!
- Continuing my streak of consecutive days posting to the blog, now close to 1500.
-Publishing my first Choose Your Own Adventure Erotic Novel: Runaway
. I couldn't believe how much fun I had writing it for NaNoWriMo last year. I released one iteration of the novel in last year's A to Z Blog Challenge. Publishing the whole novel April 30th was incredible!
4- What about a blog will catch your eye and turn you into a regular visitor?
- Interesting material written in an accessible style--and preferably in black print on a white background.
- A blog with a subject I enjoy written in captivating manner will always keep me coming back for more.
- I like blogs with interesting topics or themes. Bonus if they are related to folklore, mythology, or role-playing games.
- Humor. I like to laugh.
-I love a well written story. I enjoy characters whose lives are compelling, particularly if it's an ongoing story!
5- Besides your blog, how can you be reached online?
- I'm not on social media very much, but I can be found on Twitter @ArleeBird
- Twitter twitter.com/JLenniDorner
is my favorite method of online communication. I'm also on facebook.com/WhatAreThey
and most of the other major social media outlets.
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/TarkabarkaHolgy
), and the Facebook page for my "Following folktales around the world
- I have presences on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/johltonehandtyping
), Twitter (https://twitter.com/onehandtyping
), Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/onehandtyping/
), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/onehandtyping_/
). Probably the best way would be through Instagram, as I don't check the others that frequently.
If you wish to include a direct link to your blog post of this day's letter, please click:
LETTER A FORM
This form will close in 48 hours.
The A to Z team recommends TimeAndDate or WorldTimeBuddy for your time zone calculation needs.
We post at Midnight GMT.
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the standard by which all time zones are based. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is the time zone used for UTC. That's why we use it.
If you wish to visit other blogs in this bloghop challenge who have incorporated today's letter into their current post, please click:
LINK TO LETTER A SPREADSHEET
(If you intend to make a copy of the spreadsheet, we suggest waiting until the form closes.)
Click for the MASTER LIST of all participants who signed up for the #AtoZchallenge 2018!
"I enjoy challenges. If a challenge is in front of me and it appeals to me, I will go ahead and conquer it." - Conor McGregor