Time Crunch/ Forgetting to Post :
- Write as many posts as possible ahead of time.
- Schedule your posts in advance.
Post Ideas (Too Many/ Too Few) :
- Using a theme helps focus ideas.
- Brainstorm with a friend (or a fellow A to Z participant) #AtoZBrainstorm
How about an #AtoZBrainstorm for #AtoZchallenge participants in need of theme or post ideas for April 💡⛈️— J Lenni Dorner (@JLenniDorner) January 20, 2017
Lacking Comments :
- Be sure you have A to Z posts up.
- Check that people can leave you comments. (This may require asking someone who is not logged in as you to test it using another Internet-accessed device.)
- Make certain your link is posted on the correct blog post, Facebook thread, and is on Twitter. Be sure it is going to your blog. (And not, for example, to your Wordpress Admin page.)
- Leave more comments for others. (It's what bloggers do for each other. How important is it to you to be a valued member of the blogging community?)
- Include the #atozchallenge hashtag in your post titles and be sure to share your posts on social sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- End each post by asking a simple, open-ended question.
- Consider hyperlinking your signature.
Not Enough Blog Post Shares :
- End posts by asking people to share them.
- Enable sharing links at the bottom of the posts.
- Come up with creative blog post titles that will make sense and intrigue people.
- Share the posts of others.
Not Enough Social Media or Blog Followers :
- Check that your links actually work. (Sending people to Twitter.com or Goodreads.com is not going to get you followers. Either link to your profile on social sites or don’t have those buttons at all.)
- Be sure people can still get to your follow links when using a mobile device.
- Follow others.
- End blog posts by asking people to please follow you.
- Follow back when someone comments that they are from the #AtoZChallenge and have followed you.
- Keep your posts and comments interesting, relevant, engaged, and friendly.
by J Lenni Dorner
Reference and Speculative Fiction Author
A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Operation Awesome Debut Author Spotlight Organizer