Some of us co-hosts are still finalizing our teams, so if have participated in the challenge before, and want a turbo-charged AZ this time, email us at the contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
---------Take it away, Vidya!
The A to Z Challenge is one of my favorite blogging activities.
Okay, okay, my favorite!
That I love to write, is a given. I do occasionally take part in other blogging/writing challenges. But why am I absolutely hooked to the A to Z Challenge?
Daily (W)rite tagged me on Twitter. I fell in love with the concept. Blogging daily with thousands of people in a specific pattern appealed to me tremendously. So many perspectives and so many genius themes and ideas to meet! The whole idea filled me with joy and I energetically jumped in. I could think of nothing but ideas for April - my kitchen shelf was full of my scribbling. My writing pad was filled with doodles and mind mapping for ideas. My friends and family got a bit tired of me trying to fit everything into the A to Z sequence. I suspect they loved it, though! So, in my first A to Z Challenge in 2013, I participated with one blog. In 2014, 2 blogs, in 2015, 3 blogs.
This year, 2016, I am participating with 4 blogs - I enjoy the challenge so much.
Why A to Z Challenge is my favorite :
- It keeps my adrenaline pumping and my writing muscles flexed and ready
- It cultivates a writing discipline I enjoy
- I get back into the groove with posting regularly on two of my 5 blogs.
- It encourages planning ahead - this is a major life lesson I follow in other areas of life, but not always with blogging. To truly enjoy blogging challenges, planning is critical.
- It boosts my creativity, making me think of freaky ways to entertain my readers, rather than just give them info. Yes, I like to think they love me!
- I get to meet new and wonderful bloggers via the challenge. I've met several who are fast friends now, location no bar!
- I've been part of a co-host's team for two years and enjoy the team work behind the scenes, team spirit and fun. Sort of like a girl gang, only wiser! (You can join in the teams too-- write to the email on top!)
- The A to Z is a great way to actually plan your book if you aspire to write one. I mean, write around a theme for 30 days and you have a pretty good premise for a book or an anthology!
- If you believe that travel broadens the mind, youíve got to believe that blog-hopping also broadens the mind, and heart.
- Talking of travel, I almost always travel in April, but that doesn't stop me from sailing through the challenge, thanks to the
kicksencouragement of my supporters!
- The learning. This is tremendous. Can you believe I actually converted from being a pantser to a scheming theming planner Yes I did! Go check out last year's letters to my son! I have to confess a theme feels good and keeps you focused.
- I love getting in a couple of guest posts from my blogging friends and highlighting them as there are usually more visitors in April and that makes me feel good.
- I enjoy doing the Reflections post - what activity is complete without a review and some learning points - and how to do it better next time, eh?
- The A to Z encourages me to explore my own writing abilities and I am surprised to discover how much more I am capable of.
- Consistent writing and online conversations are good for ranking- which means more paid opportunities for your blog.
Let's just say, if you like blogging, if you need the motivation to get back in the groove, the A to Z Challenge is for you! So what are you waiting for? Grab a few of your blogging buddies and Go sign up NOW!
Vidya Sury is living her dream as a Writer | Editor | Blogger | Social media explorer, after a couple of decades in the corporate world in marketing and training (sales and soft skills). She blogs at Vidya Sury, Collecting Smiles, tweets as @vidyasury and flits around Facebook.