You're all signed up for the A to Z Challenge. (If you aren't, go on, run and do it, I'll wait.) Now you must be thrilled you've done your bit for your blog by entering it on the list. You can relax till April.
NOT. I have news for you.
To get the best out of a bloghop the size of a T-Rex on steroids (just go look at the sign-up list now to see what I mean), you need to put yourself and your blog on steroids, right away.
Here are 5 ways to do it:
1. There are no rules stating you should start blog visiting in April.
Start with the list now, and if you visit and Comment on 5 new blogs a day, you would have covered at
least 250 by the time the challenge comes around. This challenge is all
about building a community, and schmoozing with other participants will
guarantee your AZ posts hordes of comments come April.
2. Preschedule your posts now, so you can focus on comment love in April. Even if you can't be online during some of April, that's no reason to be discouraged. Point 1 above will ensure your blog remains active with comments even on the days you're away.
2. If you're on twitter, tweet your posts using the #atozchallenge hashtag and comment on other posts that use the same tag.
3. Follow @AprilA2Z and better still, follow other participants on twitter. It's easy to do if you start following the peeps on this twitter list.
If you're not on this list, tell us on twitter, and we'll add you. Discuss the #atozchallenge themes, compare how many posts you already have scheduled, cheer on other participants. Mingle.
4. Talk about the challenge on your blog, on Facebook and Google+ and any other social media you're part of. The higher the buzz about the challenge on your blog and on these media, the more visitors you can potentially attract. Tag friends, start a discussion.
5. Check your blog. Is it easy for a visitor to comment or do they have to sign up on some vague machinery to do it? Have you turned off CAPTCHA ?
If you are a challenge veteran, and have something to add to the above list, fire away in the comments!