Not an envious position, following the Blogfather himself – Alex J. Cavanaugh – but I’m always up for a challenge. Here are my answers to a few of the questions our A to Z followers submitted.
1) You're house in on fire, assuming your kids, pets, and other living things are safe, what do you grab as you head out the door? All of our important documents are tucked away in a fireproof lockbox, so I won’t worry about that. What I will grab is our external hard drive, which holds copies of all our family pictures, and my writing.
2) What's your biggest frustration in blogging? Unless you’ve written a couple of best sellers and are universally appealing, to be done right blogging takes a lot of time, which is something of a precious commodity these days. I get frustrated when I can’t get around to as many other bloggers as I’d like.
3) What's the most awful thing your mother ever forced you to eat? Liver, and Peas. I’m getting body shivers just thinking about them. YUCK!
4) Where do you go to "Get away from it all"?" I don’t really have a “man cave” (though I wish I did), and my ultimate getaway – an Alaskan Cruise -- isn’t really cheap, so I’ll just say my writing. When I’m in the middle of a story there’s no place I’d rather be.
5) What reason did you have to sign up for the A to Z and what did you expect to gain from entering? Two reasons. First, the exposure. Second, I decided last year to make it uncomfortable in my comfort zone, and this fit the bill.
6) Where do you hail from? I’m a military brat, so technically I have no hometown. I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii but our family was constantly on the move (mostly east coast) up until my high school years. I went to high school in North Carolina and college at LSU.
7) Have you ever wanted to be a rock star? In my youth I entered more than a few air guitar contests…so that would be a YES.
8) Cake or pie? I’m torn between German Chocolate CAKE and Pecan PIE.
9) How often do you comment on other blogs? My own personal code is if another blogger comments on my posts fairly consistently, then I’ll add them to my Google Reader and read their blogs faithfully. That doesn’t mean I’ll comment on every blog post though. If someone were to post a review of a book I have absolutely no interest in, I won’t comment just to comment.
10) Which is your favorite fictional character and why? Sherlock Holmes…the iconic example of a
flawed hero who breeds awe and sympathy.
11) If you were a contestant on the CBS show "Amazon Race" and could pick ANY movie character to be your partner, who would it be and why? John McClain from the DIE HARD movies. Yippee Ki-yae!
12) What is the most Underrated letter of the Alphabet? Actually, there are two of them. D & L :)
13) Describe the last Halloween costume you wore. You know what they say about pictures.
14) Are you smarter than a 5th Grader? I’m not “smarter” than anyone, but sometimes I happen to know the right answer.
15) Name an item that you have too much of. Rejection letters.
16) What items could you typically have in your pockets? My keys, a flash drive, and a pen
If I left out a question/answer you’d really like to know, just leave it in the comments below. And if you get a chance, drop by my permanent home at Cruising Altitude 2.0.