|Artwork by Ada Z
If you're new to the A to Z Blog, be sure to click on the tabs at the top of the page to see if that information answers your questions. There are a couple of polls in the sidebar for you to answer if you'd like to express yourself. And please click the "friend connect" button to become a "Friend of the Alphabet". That's not the same as the sign-up list but it will keep you connected to the official Challenge blog.
The sign-up list will appear this coming Monday January 30th. You will be able to find it at the A to Z Team of hosts' blog sites and on this blog. The A to Z Team blogs are listed about halfway down the sidebar to your right. Be sure to visit all of the blogs of our Team members, drop in to say hello, and follow our blogs. We will all have our own updates in addition to the ones on this Challenge Blog and each blog host may have their own special surprises along the way. Don't miss out on that part of the fun.
Alex Cavanaugh talked about the Linky List yesterday on this blog. If you missed that post be sure to scroll down and read it. Tomorrow we'll have some last minute business before the big day on Monday.
After Monday the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Blog will continue presenting daily posts with Challenge news and helpful tips about doing the Challenge and blogging in general. Be sure to check into this site frequently.
Here's a check list of what you can do before Monday if you will be participating in the A to Z April Challenge:
- Add the official A to Z Badge in a prominent place on your site. The top of the sidebar is probably best. Announce to other bloggers that you will be participating in April by displaying the official logo. Use the code under one of the badges on this page to place it on your site.
- There are a couple of animated A to Z graphics that I'm sure you've seen. These were created by co-host Jeremy at Retro-Zombie. If you copy the code beneath each of these you can transfer this code to your own blog design page and you will have your own animated banner or button minus the code. It makes a snazzy addition to dress up your page and show your enthusiasm for the Challenge. If you still don't know which animated pieces I'm talking about, it's the apple to zebra banner at the top of this page and the flashing letters of the alphabet about halfway down the sidebar. They'd look very nice on your blog.
- Plan a post about the A to Z Challenge. Let your regular readers know what you'll be doing in April and encourage your fellow bloggers to join you. You can do one or as many posts as you like about the Challenge. Talk about previous years, what you plan on doing this year, or ideas that you think might help others. This provides your blog content and gets the word out to others.
- Spread the word about the April Challenge. Shout it out on Facebook, Twitter, or whatever social media you like to use. Let others know that the sign-ups will be starting and let them know when you've signed up. Let's make the first day of sign-ups a big splash.
- Follow the A to Z Challenge Facebook page. Also click the follow button for Networked Blogs. Help the A to Z presence grow.
You are a big part of the success of A to Z. Last year was a hit because of wonderful bloggers like you. We're going to make 2012 even bigger and better.
Some of you have been putting up some wonderful promotional posts to spread word about the A to Z Challenge and that is greatly appreciated. There are posts like the one found Sommer Leigh's blog. That's the kind of post that will stimulate more interest as it explains what the Challenge is all about.
If you blog about the Challenge, let us know here in the comments or by sending one of us an email. We'll try our best to get you and your post recognized. Thanks for your help and participation. Now let's do some prepping for Monday's big day.