Not that anyone has forced me to be part of this "Introduce the hosts" series...but I thought I must make some changes in my attitude towards talking about myself, so here goes! My responses are going to be...brief.
Name: Damyanti Biswas
Publications: Various Stories
GETTING TO KNOW YOU QUESTIONS
1. What is the most daring thing you've ever done?
Gone white water rafting when I couldn't swim.
2. What is your favorite article of clothing?
3. What is your favorite monster?
4. If you had to dress up as your favorite literary character, who would it be?
Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm way too old though.
5. What is your favorite fairy tale, urban legend or nursery rhyme?
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star--those were my first words in English.
6. What is a cause near and dear to your heart?
Taking care of our environment.
7. What's the strangest item you've used as a bookmark?
8. Name one habit you want to change in yourself:
SOME A-to-Z QUESTIONS
1. What was your favorite A-to-Z post from 2011?
This was on of the first posts I visited, and haven't forgotten it--the author got married on that day:
A is for April 1st
2. What brought you to the A-to-Z originally? Tell us about your first A-to-Z
I signed up at random last year, without much thought. I was the 15th participant. I forgot all about it till I heard some A to Z buzz at the end of March. By then it was too late to withdraw, so I just jumped in.
3. Are you doing a theme?
I wrote flash fiction last year, which I then collected into an e-book, A to Z Stories of Life and Death . This year, I'm doing fiction again, based on prompts from readers.
Please drop me some prompts in the comments on this post (am desperate, cos I need a whole bunch to choose from!). Of course, when I post each prompt during April, I'll link to you and explain why I chose it. You may also mail me the pictures and story prompts at atozstories at gmail dot com.You need not be participating in the A to Z Challenge to challenge me with either a story starter, or a picture, or both. The more the merrier!
Here's an example of the sort of stories I intend to do: You must not use scissors to cut out hearts
4. Are you writing & scheduling posts in advance?
As co-host, I intend to visit as many blogs as possible this year, so yes, I'll be scheduling at least some of the posts.
5. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet, and why? What letter do you like least?
I like A a whole lot. It talks of beginnings. I hate X-- I can never relate to it, and it seems like a big cross-out, a negation of everything.