- A TO Z CHALLENGE SIGN UP/LIST 
- WHAT IS BLOGGING FROM A TO Z?
- CO-HOST HELPERS/ASSISTANTS 
- CONTACT US
- A TO Z VIDEO CHALLENGE RULES
- A TO Z PROMO VIDEOS [HERE]
- 2014 A TO Z REFLECTIONS SIGN UP/LIST
- A to Z Post Challenge Road Trip 2014 Sign-up List
- Blogs with < 100 Followers
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Getting to Know the Co-Hosts - Matthew MacNish
Blog[s]: The QQQE, Project Mayhem, Afterglow Book Reviews, and, of course, this one.
Other Online Info: Twitter: "@MatthewMacNish," Facebook: "Matthew MacNish"
Publications: My short fiction has been published in the anthology Literary Foray, from Static Movement Press, and the online magazine: Vine Leaves Literary Journal.
10 GETTING TO KNOW YOU QUESTIONS
01. What is the most daring thing you've ever done?
Not something I plan admitting to on the internet ... although, one thing I can mention is: back in high school, in Minnesota, I went to winter camp, and one night, we sat in the sauna for hours, and then jumped through a hole cut in the ice down at the lake - naked.
02. What is your favorite article of clothing?
My shell-toed Adidas, any pair.
03. What is your favorite monster?
Gary Gygax's Gelatinous Cube, from Dungeons and Dragons. I even wrote a piece of flash fiction about it, for Underneath the Juniper Tree, which you can read: Cubic.
04. If you had to dress up as your favorite literary character, who would it be?
Hmm. Normally I would say Gandalf, from The Lord of the Rings, but Jeremy went with that the other day, so I'll say Aang, from Avatar: the Last Airbender (the most excellent animated series, not the terrible live-action film), because I want to ride that glider.
05. What is your favorite fairy tale, urban legend or nursery rhyme?
Beren and Luthien.
06. What is a cause near and dear to your heart?
07. What's the strangest item you've used as a bookmark?
08. Do you have any nicknames? What are they and how did you earn them?
Big Bird. I suppose that's because I'm tall? Or was it because my friend who made that one up is so short?
09. Name one habit you want to change in yourself:
When I drink too much, I sometimes end up hungover. I'm okay with the drinking part, it's the hangovers I'd like to get rid of.
10. Tell us something interesting or shocking about yourself:
Not sure about shocking, but it's probably interesting that I used to own a small, independent record label in Minneapolis. It was called Butterbeat Records, and we produced 12" vinyl singles, mostly hip-hop, trip-hop, and electro. It was so small, and so before the internet got big, that you can't even find much about it on Google.
SOME A-to-Z QUESTIONS
01. What was your favorite A-to-Z post from 2011?
I'm afraid I have to admit I've never taken part in the A to Z challenge before. The enormity of the commitment always intimidated me. Then Arlee and Alex talked me into it, and now I realize it's not nearly as difficult as it seems. So don't be afraid! Sign up, pick a theme, schedule some posts, and you'll be good to go.
02. What brought you to the A-to-Z originally? Tell us about your first A-to-Z:
See above. I have been following and reading many A to Z bloggers for, what is it now, three years? I've always enjoyed the posts, but this will be my first A to Z!
03. Are you doing a theme?
I am, and it will be revealed in April.
04. Are you writing & scheduling posts in advance?
Absolutely. I can't imagine doing it any other way.
05. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet, and why? What letter do you like least?
I'm not sure. K for Katana? S for Samurai, Sword, Sorcery? M for Magic (and Matt)? I'm not really sure. I love language, and I love letters, but I seem to have an affinity for the crooked ones. My least favorite is probably C. C wishes he could be S or K, and sometimes he tries to be, but he never quite manages it.
Voting for A to Z Video Challenge is now open. Please click on Voting tab at the top of this page and fill out the ballot. Links to videos can be found there as well.