Name: DL Hammons
Blog: Cruising Altitude 2.0
Other Online Info:
Google+: DL Hammons
Facebook: DL HammonsGoodreads: DL Hammons
10 GETTING TO KNOW YOU QUESTIONS
1. What is the most daring thing you've ever done?
At our company gathering last year I got up in front of 50+ executives and informed them all that in my spare time I was a WRITER!
2. What is your favorite article of clothing? I have this one hat the I wear backwards when I'm writing.
3. What is your favorite monster? The xenomorph from the Alien movies.
4. If you had to dress up as your favorite literary character, who would it be? Sherlock Holmes. Big surprise, given that I write mysteries.
5. What is your favorite fairy tale, urban legend or nursery rhyme?
- Lizzie Borden took an axe
- And gave her mother forty whacks.
- When she saw what she had done
- She gave her father forty-one.
7. What's the strangest item you've used as a bookmark? A cocktail straw.
8. Do you have any nicknames? What are they and how did you earn them? On-line I've used Misbehaving and Imposter for user ID's, but in the real world I've been hung with the moniker of Bone. It's genesis comes from Hammons....Hambone....Bone. :)
9. Name one habit you want to change in yourself: I'd like to be less introverted, but that's not going to happen.
10. Tell us something interesting or shocking about yourself: I'm a military brat, so I really don't have a hometown. I lost my last baby-tooth at the age of 53. I have no sense of smell...never have. And yes...I can still taste.
SOME A-to-Z QUESTIONS
1. What was your favorite A-to-Z post from 2011? I'm an A to Z virgin.
2. What brought you to the A-to-Z originally? Tell us about your first A-to-Z: I was brought into the fold by Arlee, who offered me this opportunity to "change my stars". (Any Knights Tale fans out there?) Part of my changing things up for 2012 was to make it uncomfortable in my comfort zone...and I think this qualifies.
3. Are you doing a theme? Nope...I'm winging it, but most of my posts will be about letting my readers get to know me better.
4. Are you writing & scheduling posts in advance? About half of them are written and scheduled.
5. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet, and why? What letter do you like least? I have three of them actually. L...S...U Geaux Tigers!
I hope you've enjoyed these questions and answers. Don't forget, you are welcome, even encouraged, to ask any additional questions you might have in the comments section. Or feel free to answer the questions yourself! We won't tell.